Some of you know, others may have figured out, that ML and I spent the first week alone with our little-man with no outside help. Ha, well, not exactly. We did have my close friend Kiki come and help out one morning so I could run to the store to get some supplies.
When people found out that we were flying the first week "solo," there was a polarized response. Half thought we were absolutely nuts and the other half thought it was the best idea they had ever heard.
Now, we have experienced a week of having ML's sister here to help us out and I am happy to say that both situations are wonderful! It was great to have a ton of time with Richie and know that I actually could not DO anything else other than sleep when he sleeps and feed and change him. Being there as he experienced his new world was/is priceless. Wondering what he dreams about. And wondering, when he's having what looks to be a bad dream, what on Earth it could be about other than traversing the birth canal.
By the same token, having Ginger here to help has also been fantastic! She has been such a trooper and has given ML and I some real opportunities to sleep. She has been so helpful around the house, too, it has been a real treat. Of course, this also means she has set the bar really high for all of the family that will be following her. :-)
I am happy to say, that ML and I are still happy with the dicision to have the first week to ourselves. Even with it as exhausting as it was. We were really able to get into our own rhythm of things as new parents which I think will help us incorperate new ideas and suggestions.
I am also happy to say, that we are VERY happy to have family and friends come and help us out! Maybe the week alone helps us appreciate the extra assistance just that much more!
Monday, March 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment