Monday, February 28, 2011

Missed Feburary

Well, we all got better and now we're getting sick again. Oops! In the mean time, stuff has happened! I have not had the chance to unload the birthday party pictures off of the camera. I'll get to that later this week. (Famous last words.) Here are some pictures and movies:

Here is Richie playing at Tot Shabbot. Richie was fortunate enough to get a Shabbot set like this one for his birthday! (GG: This is a MOVIE! Hit the little arrow button at the bottom-left of the movie and it will play. It has sound, too!...apparently GG has been missing out on all of the movies.)


Here is Richie as Fruit-Striped Gum!


It's started already. We found Richie looking for private time in the bathroom playing with his phone.


In late January, we took Richie to the Smithsonian Natural History Museum! He did pretty well. (Better than I did when I was his age...actually, older.) He enjoyed it, too. I'm waiting to see if his interested take him to dinosaurs or geology. Either one would be fine, but I'll be honest, I've been looking forward to learning more about dinos. :-) But, I can be happy with trilobites.




Here is a MOVIE of Richie walking down the largest set of stairs he's ever tried in his life. He was determined to do the entire set with minimal help.


In early January, we started to get cabin-fever. So we picked the warmest day, which was in the mid 30's, and went to one of the Baltimore county parks! Actually, the first park we went to was on fire...literally. We arrived just before the fire trucks. So, instead of giving Richie lung problems, when drove about 10 miles to this park!


He enjoyed his first tire swing!




We went for a walk along one of the trails. Unfortunately, it got dark a little more quickly than we expected.




He just picked up the stick and started walking with it. Must be from Oma!




He is a natural master with that walking stick. (GG, this is also a movie.)


We started going to Music Together, again. Now that he's older, he really gets involved.
Can you say Tambourine Monkey? (Richie can say Monkey, now!) (GG, this is also a movie, too!)


That probably the item to close with: in the last two weeks, Richie has had an explosion of words: purple, red, green, lellow, (I mean yellow), monkey (which is ironic given the above movie), cookie, and gorilla just to name a few. He has started saying the names of the animals for which he has sounds like cat, which before he would only say "meow." And he is picking up new words left an right! (No more bad words when you're talking to him on speaker phone.) :-)

Sorry for the delay. I hope it was worth the wait.

No comments: