Trying to fall asleep last night, lying on my back in the twilight between awake and sleep. I feel little footsteps pitter-patter up my chest. I flung the sheets off of the bed waking my very pregnant wife and say, in a firm voice, "Something was crawling on my chest!"
ML asked, "Were you asleep?"
By this time, I've sprung out of bed and standing at the foot of the bed with the lights on.
"Yes...No...I don't know...probably..."
"Oh, you were probably just dreaming." She tried to comfort me.
"Well, what ever it was I flung it across the room."
Then I see the little gray mouse running full force from the bedroom into the hallway! "Nope, not dreaming!"
We figured out that the little mouse must have crawled up a comforter we had hanging off of the end of the bed.
We gathered all of the live traps we had in the house, put fresh peanut butter in them and put them all up around the bed room. He's still at large!
Monday, February 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yucky, yucky, ahhh! You are far more brave than I would have been in the same situation. Good luck with the mouse catching!!
Post a Comment