Monday, May 25, 2009

Been a while...

Well, life got crazier by a notch. During the second day of my Grandmother's visit, there was a little mishap while she was plugging in her cell phone (yes, my 95 year old grandmother was plugging in her cell phone) and she fell. Unfortunately, she broke some ribs on the way down and landed her butt in the University of Maryland Trauma hospital for a few days. Now she's in semi-acute rehabilitation a bit North of the city, but she is making great progress...although she is still, occasionally, in a significant amount of pain as you might imagine.

This has taken up what little free time I had, but here are the Richie updates:
Three time, he has slept over 7 hours straight for us. Hooray!
He has started swiping and grasping. (A little late with the swipe but early with the grasp.)
He has started working on sitting up!
Oh, and he continues to smile a lot and be cute as a bug, when he's not being grumpy and resisting napping like he did today. Really, he has been quite good on the napping overall.

I'd upload more pictures, but the camera is in the bedroom and I don't want to wake up mommy to get it.

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I hope that your grandmother has a good recovery. I would say watch out for secondary infections from the Trauma Center, but it sounds like she is out of there already.

I hope that all is continuing to go well for your whole family.