Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Blizz

Yeah, Blizzard Warning! Extended until 10pm! There are drifts that are as tall as I am! Here is what it looks like out of our front door.


I know it looks like the road is plowed. Well, it is plowed, but the snow is still so deep in the center that I'm sure my car would get stuck due to the lack of clearance.


Another shot of our sidewalk.


This drift is almost as tall as this car.


All of my hard work in the alley is gone. The snow is back up to my knees. Here is a picture of our parking pad. Remember, it was clear where the car was yesterday.


Another shot of the parking pad, but the flash hitting the snow flake looks like the moon in our alley.


Interestingly, if you followed the weather maps, you would have seen a line of storms going Northeast and another track going due West. Now the storms are tracking due South. We're currently in a break and it may be done falling for the night. They just plowed the road so if the "Phase III" is lifted, I may have to go into work tomorrow. Phase III, by the way, means that only emergency vehicles, snow removal equipment and BG&E are allowed to be on the road. Our new Mayor is trying to get this declared a "Snow Hurricane" so we can get funds from FEMA. Interesting move, however, I'm not sure how a Mayor gets to designate a new weather entity like a Snow Hurricane. At least the weekend storm actually had an eye.

No comments: