Sunday, February 7, 2010

With Shovel In Hand

When I woke this morning, I was saddened to see that the snow had not magically melted overnight. :( I suited up and stepped out to see exactly how bad it was. I looked down the end of the street to see a couple of neighbors who were also trying to dig out. However, they piled all of their snow towards me in the alley blocking me in even more!

Resigned to the notion that we would not have our car for many many days, I went back inside to play with Richie after trying to clean the car off a bit.

Before:


After! I also dug a little trench just in case we have to put the garbage out. I still don't know what they're going to do about that.


Around 4p, I went back out just to see what was going on and I found my neighbors trying to negotiate their minivan in the alley. I thought they were trying to leave, but they were backing up. After asking, they were actually parking. I decided to see if I could connect the dots before the sun set, which it was really already doing.

Over the next hour, I dug a trench in 3+ feet of show with a bottom layer of slush about 100 feet long (about 5 houses). I had made the connection and had to reshape/move the huge pile the neighbors had left for me.

The problem was, the way I park I'm angled to go out in the other direction. So I had to dig in the opposite direction so I could turn the car around. By this point, my neighbor joined to help clear and help me drive safely down the alley. Yeah Tim!


And props to ML for chipping in and helping Tim and I take care of the corner at Tim's house. The space I would need for the back-and-forth while I turned the car around.


And, here's the final product of our hard work!



Here's the proof that the car is out!


Oh, and yes, I did clean the car of better before I drove it down the alley!

No comments: